Shepherd’s Music School’s year-round calendar is based on 48 weeks of lessons. This is a total of 4 weeks off for students for the year.
- Shepherd’s Music School will be closed for a full week for the following major holidays:
- Thanksgiving week (November 22 – 26)
- Christmas and New Year’s break (December 20 – January 2)
- Lessons resume January 3rd
- Teacher vacation week (1 per school calendar year)
These weeks off are not included in the monthly tuition fee, therefore lessons are not rescheduled.
- Shepherd’s Music School will be closed for the following holidays but your lesson will be rescheduled for within that week if it falls on your lessons day:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
No make-ups are given for absences. Lessons are re-scheduled for the following situations only:
- Teacher absences – (beyond their vacation week)
- Inclement weather – (the school is closed when the church office is closed – NOT associated with Wake County School System closings)
- If the lesson falls on any of these holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day (the lesson must be re-scheduled with-in the same week if at all possible)
- Extreme situations such as a death or hospitalization in the immediate family or a medical condition of the student requiring the care of a physician. An email notification must be sent ASAP to email@example.com.
- NOTE: A teacher may offer to reschedule a missed lesson, but it must be within the same week only if they have availability in their schedule.